Post Date: 12/4/2017
To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values—integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion—must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Under the supervision of the Executive Director, facilitates the delivery of donated specialty care to low income, uninsured and underinsured patients in the New Haven area. Responsibilities include evaluating patients referred to Project Access of New Haven (PA-NH) for enrollment in the program, referring ineligible patients to other sources of medical support, coordinating medical appointments and ancillary services for enrolled patients, coordinating the application process for prescription assistance, reminding patients of appointments, coordinating nonclinical services, and maintaining appropriate documentation of patient contact, referrals, and services provided.
- 1. Facilitates access for patients to physicians, Hospitals and contacts developed by the PANH Staff.
- 1.1 Schedules in-office appointments with patients and conducts screenings to determine eligibility for enrollment in PA-NH
- 2. Provides patient navigation services to patients enrolled in PA-NH program
- 2.1 Schedules/coordinates patient appointments as necessary with Project Access RN Patient Navigator
- 3. Maintains accurate patient records and processes client records appropriately
- 3.1 Ensures that all necessary patient information is documented in patient (paper) files
- 4. Conducts financial reevaluation of patients as appropriate during enrollment in PA-NH program
- 4.1 Meets with patient face-to-face for reevaluation process every 6 months as appropriate while enrolled in PA-NH
- 5. 5. Participates in PA-NH physician awareness and community partnership meetings
- 5.1 Attends, as appropriate, meetings with hospital and community physicians and community partners
Associates Degree in health and/or human services or related field required, Bachelor’s Degree preferred
At least 1-3 years experience in health care or human service setting. Excellent oral and written communication skills, 1-2 years relevant experience in community health education and/or outreach position. Bilingual Spanish required
Ability to work independently with support and supervision from Executive Director and to also collaboratively and communicate effectively with others, including patients and families, staff, and community health care providers.
Candidate must be able to thrive in a moderately paced, urgent need, complex, health care environment where the Patient Navigator works as a key, valued member of the multidisciplinary team.